This 3.5-hour course prepares trainers to present effective educational programs regarding occupational exposure to hazardous chemicals and harmful substances. Course content equips trainers to meet or exceed the revised OSHA training requirements in 29 CFR 1910.1200.
Call 1-800-809-0059 for info
The program is intended for all employers, including business & industry, construction, utilities, emergency medical services, fire/rescue, law enforcement, healthcare, and others.
Chip Darius has presented this course in multiple states since 1991, updating and refining the materials to reflect the latest OSHA requirements, CDC recommendations, NIOSH and ACGIH exposure limits information, and industry best practices. Course content includes:
- OSHA regulations: 1910.1200, 1910.1020, 1910 subparts I and K, 1926.59, 1926 subparts C and D
- Federal OSHA and related state-approved OSHA plans
- Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals
- "Right to Know" is now "Right to Understand"
- "Material Safety Data Sheet" is now "Safety Data Sheet" with 16 sections
- Recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Recommendations from the National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health
- NIOSH Pocket Guide, WISER, and other resources
- Ties to NFPA 1500, Standard on Fire Department Occupational Safety & Health Program
- Engineering controls, work practices, personal protective equipment
- Labeling and marking requirements - signal words, pictograms, hazard statements
- Hazard assessments, hazard classes and categories
- Spill/release response criteria
- Trainer's knowledge requirements
- Medical recordkeeping requirements
- Training recordkeeping requirements
- Techniques for accelerated learning in initial and refresher programs
- Training language that should appear in the written Hazard Communication Plan
- Protections for employees/volunteers under age 18
Each participant receives an updated Trainer’s Kit filled with information, including:
- Scripted easy-to-use presentation notes tied to PowerPoint slides
- Applicable OSHA regulations
- Handout masters
- Quiz master and correction key
- Certificate master
- Training record forms
The course is updated with the latest changes from federal OSHA. Trainers' frequently asked questions are addressed in the program, and specific questions from participants are welcome.
Following the course, the instructor is available by e-mail and toll-free telephone for answers to those tough follow-up questions.
Successful participants receive a color Certificate of Completion recognizing their professional accomplishment.