|Forensic Expert Witness and Litigation Consulting Services
Safety Priority provides incident analysis, forensic litigation consulting and expert witness services for lawsuits and legal cases involving fatalities, catastrophic injuries, personal injuries, and workplace safety and health. Multiple depositions and trial testimony in both state and federal courts, retained in over 300 cases, plaintiff and defense.
Chip Darius has expertise in workplace safety and health, risk management, OSHA standards and regulations/policies, ANSI and ISO standards, and safety best practices for both construction and general industry. Access my CV. 2022 Safety Professional of the Year, Associated General Contractors of Connecticut. Call 1-800-809-0059 or text 860-978-9899 any time, or click here to email your inquiry. Safety & health specialties include:
- Slips, trips, falls and floor/stair safety
- Fall prevention and fall protection
- Scaffolds, ladders, platforms, lifts, and work at heights
- Forklifts/powered industrial trucks
- Rough terrain forklifts/telehandlers (”Lulls”)
- Aerial boom lifts MEWPs
- Scissor lifts MEWPs
- Skid steer loaders (“Bobcats”), backhoes and front-end loaders
- Machine guarding and amputation prevention
- Heavy equipment struck-by, backover and runover prevention
- Work zone safety, temporary traffic control and flaggers
- High visibility safety apparel and ANSI/ISEA 107
- Temporary employees, multi-employer worksites and issues involving General Contractor or Controlling Employer safety responsibilities
- OSHA whistleblower protections, employer retaliation for safety-related matters
- Emergency Medical Services
Connecticut attorneys and law firms have voted Safety Priority one of "The Best" 9 times since 2008.
Hundreds of legal professionals participate in the annual polls, conducted by Connecticut Law Tribune.
Safety Priority is in the Hall of Fame, having been recognized as one of "The Best" for 3 or more years in a row.
"No one should have to sacrifice their life for their livelihood,
because a nation built on the dignity of work
must provide safe working conditions for its people."
- US Secretary of Labor Thomas E. Perez
"I mentioned at the end of the 4-day class how much I enjoyed it.
I was in the military for 28 years and It takes a skilled teacher
to make government regulations engaging and interesting.
You hit that mark."
-- OSHA 511 Course Student
Expert credentials and experience include testimony at deposition and at trial, plaintiff and defense, based on:
- 30+ years as safety and risk management consultant and trainer for business & industry, construction, utilities, government and emergency services.
- 20 years as Instructor for OSHA Training Institute Region 1 Education Center.
- Adjunct Faculty at Keene State College, Keene, NH, teaching OSHA regulations and OSHA Outreach Trainer courses.
- Adjunct Faculty at Fitchburg State University, Fitchburg, MA, teaching OSHA regulations courses.
- Highly experienced in application of OSHA general industry standards, OSHA construction standards, and related safety regulations including national and international consensus standards (ANSI, ISO, NFPA, ASTM, CGA, NFSI).
- Authorized OSHA Outreach Trainer, both General Industry and Construction.
- CSHO - Certified Safety & Health Official, Construction.
- CSHO - Certified Safety & Health Official, General Industry.
- OHST - Certified Occupational Hygiene & Safety Technician.
- CIT - Certified Instructional Trainer.
- CUSP - Certified Utility Safety Professional (Green).
- HSO - Certified Fire Service Health & Safety Officer.
- WACH - Walkway Auditor Certificate Holder, #00049. National Floor Safety Institute.
- FSS - Certified Forklift Safety Specialist.
- MGT - Certified Machine Guarding Technician.
- Certified Scaffold Competent Person Trainer.
- Genie Certified Trainer, Rough Terrain Telehandler Forklift.
- Genie Certified Trainer, Aerial Boom Lift MEWP.
- Genie Certified Trainer, Scissor Lift MEWP.
- Ives Certified Trainer, Counterbalanced Forklift.
- Ives Certified Trainer, Rough Terrain Telehandler Forklift.
- Ives Certified Trainer, Aerial Boom Lift MEWP.
- Ives Certified Trainer, Scissor Lift MEWP.
- Ives Certified Trainer, Front-end Loader.
- Ives Certified Trainer, Skid Steer Loader.
- Ives Certified Trainer, Backhoe Loader.
- Powered Access License (PAL) card holder for types 3a/3b mobile elevating work platforms, by IPAF/AWPT.
- Certified Flagger Instructor (ATSSA and NSC) and work zone safety trainer.
- Global Safer Work Zone Practices Task Force, International Road Federation.
- EM 385-1-1 US Army Corps of Engineers Training.
- OSHA 30-hour Construction.
- National Health and Safety Committee, Associated General Contractors of America.
- Safety Instructor, Susan Harwood Grant Programs, Associated General Contractors of America.
- Safety Committee, CT Construction Industries Association.
- Certified Emergency Care Instructor and Instructor Trainer: First Aid, CPR & AED.
- EMT: 40+ years as a certified Emergency Medical Technician.
- Expert Witness Committee, American Bar Association.
- TapRooT Incident Investigation & Root Cause Analysis.
- ThinkReliability Cause Mapping & Root Cause Analysis.
- BS, 1985 and MA, 1988 - University of Connecticut.