About Safety Priority - Company Overview
Safety Priority Consultants was established in 2000, to provide occupational safety & health support and risk management services to clients. For 9 years prior, from 1991-2000 founder Chip Darius provided occupational safety & health training and consulting services nation-wide. Seasoned consultants and skilled trainers from Safety Priority have years of experience in front-line operations and safety management, communication, and business process improvement. Client needs are handled accurately, effectively, and in confidence.
Safety Priority is an active member of professional associations, including:
- AGC - Associated General Contractors of America (serving on National Health & Safety Committee)
- AIHA - American Industrial Hygiene Association
- ASSP - American Society of Safety Professionals (formerly ASSE) - Connecticut Valley chapter and Egypt chapter
- ATSSA - American Traffic Safety Services Association
- CCIA - Connecticut Construction Industries Association (serving on Safety Committee)
- IPAF - International Powered Access Federation
- ISFP - International Society for Fall Protection
- NSC - National Safety Council
- NAPSICO - National Association of Public Safety Infection Control Officers
- NASP - National Association of Safety Professionals
- NFPA - National Fire Protection Association
- SAIA - Scaffold & Access Industry Association
- USOLN - Utility Safety & Ops Leadership Network
- WHWB - Workplace Health Without Borders
- ABA - American Bar Association (associate member)
- CBA - Connecticut Bar Association (associate member)
Safety Priority staff have been engaged for training and consulting projects throughout the United States, as well as in Egypt, United Arab Emirates, Canada, Scotland, Ireland, China, the Dominican Republic, and Haiti.
We are frequent presenters at national, state and regional conferences and educational seminars such as
- AGC National Health & Safety Conference
- National Safety Council Congress & Expo
- iP Utility Safety Conference & Expo
- International Road Federation World Conference
- International Road Federation Safer Roads Across Six Continents
- Business & Legal Reports professional development webinars
- American Society of Safety Professionals - Professional Development Conferences (PDCs) and webinars (formerly American Society of Safety Engineers)
- State and regional Safety Council conferences
- OSHA Training Institute Education Center courses
- Connecticut Business & Industry Association safety conferences
- Connecticut Construction Industries Association safety roundtables
Safety Priority is connected with top-notch safety specialists, networking together to provide professional services.
- Chip Darius, OHST, CIT, CSHO, CUSP, EMT. bio Expert in risk management and occupational safety & health. 2022 Safety Professional of the Year, Associated General Contractors of Connecticut. Authorized OSHA Outreach Trainer for both General Industry and Construction. Walkway Auditor Certificate Holder. Featured in Facing Forward: Profiles of EHS Professionals.
- Lee Marchessault, CUSA, CUSP. Expert in utility and electrical safety. Authorized OSHA Outreach Trainer for Construction and General Industry.
- Leslie Arnson, Esq. Expert in environmental and DOT regulations.
- Bill Katt, CHMM, CIT. Expert in environmental compliance and Hazardous Materials. Authorized OSHA Outreach Trainer for Construction and General Industry.
- Kim Lindgren, MS, CHST. Authorized OSHA Outreach Trainer for Construction and Maritime industries. 2018 ASSP Construction Safety Professional of the Year. Former OSHA compliance officer.
Safety Priority is proud to be an ongoing supporter of Love146, Limbs International, and Partners in Health. Please click on the logos below to learn more and add your support.